Statement of belief
All trustees, staff workers and volunteers of Bury Christian Youth, affirm the following beliefs as the basis for our work:
1. There is one God in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who has revealed himself to His creatures. His revelation in Christ and the Scripture is unchangeable. God is Creator and Lord of the world, sustaining and governing by His power and will all that He has made.
2. The Old and New Testament Scriptures are the inspired, infallible, truthful Word of God, and the authoritative rule of faith and conduct.
3. Men and women of all races, made in God's image, have all broken God's law and thereby become subject to God's judgement.
4. Jesus Christ is Himself the only God-man. His humanity was real and sinless. He was crucified, raised bodily from death and ascended into heaven.
5. Jesus died for and in the place of sinners. In His sacrificial death He gave Himself as the only ransom for humans and is now the only mediator between them and God. There is no other name by which we must be saved.
6. Those who, by the gracious enabling of God, accept Christ through faith and repentance receive forgiveness of sins and eternal life.
7. Conviction of sin, faith in Christ, new birth and Christian growth are the work of the Holy Spirit. Living in believers, He makes them increasingly Christ-like in character and behaviour and gives them power for their witness in the world.
8. All true believers are members of the universal church, which is the Body of Christ. God's purpose is that members should work together in unity, submitting to His revealed truth.
9. Christ's commission to make disciples is relevant to the church always and everywhere. In obeying this commission, Christians have a duty to proclaim the gospel and promote justice, peace, liberty and love.
10. Jesus Christ will come again in power and glory to judge the living and the dead and His kingdom will have no end.